Special Festive Posts
Let us celebrate the Diwali festival with smiles on our faces and joy in our hearts
May you be blessed with Maa Durga’s strength, Maa Saraswati’s wisdom and Maa Lakshmi’s wealth.
HAPPY DURGA POOJA
May the air you breathe be filled with laughter and love. May this Maha Navami bring you happiness and prosperity.
Happy Durga Navami, everyone!
May she bless us with the power to defeat the evils in our life!
Happy Durga Ashtmi
Happy Vishwakarma Puja 2022
May you be blessed with success and growth in all your endeavors. A very Happy Vishwakarma Puja to you. May the architect of the Gods shower you and your family with his choicest blessings. A very Happy Vishwakarma Puja to you and your family.
Today is a very precious day. Someone special was born Born to fight against inhumanity. Born to save the trust in God.
Lets your spirits fly high with the Indian flag. Happy Independence day.
We wish this auspicious day of Raksha Bandhan brings strength in your life with the blessings of Brother and sisters, Happy Raksha Bandhan
# Utkal Dibas MO Mati Mo Maa #
Utkal Divas or Utakala Dibasha is celebrated on April 1 every year to remember the formation of the Odisha state after a struggle to be recognised as an independent state. Under the British rule, Odisha was part of the Bengal presidency, which consisted of the present-day Bihar, West Bengal, and Odisha.
History Of The Formation Of Odisha
- Orissa was once a part of the kingdom of Kalinga.
- King Ashoka conquered Orissa in 250 BC.
- After that, temples were constructed in various parts such as Puri, Konark and Bhubaneswar under the dynasties of Hindu.
- In the year 1576, coastal Orissa became the part of the Mughal Empire.
- Soon after the Carnatic wars, Orissa’s southern coast was amalgamated with the Presidency of Madras by the East India Company.
- In the year 1912, Orissa and Bihar were formed.
- On 1 April 1936, Odisha was formed.
The new province of Odisha was formed after people’s continued struggle, which finally paid off on April 1, 1936. Sir John Hubbak was the first governor of the state. Notable leaders from that movement are Utkala Gouraba, Madhusudan Das, Utkala Mani, Gopabandhu Das, Fakir Mohan Senapati, Pandita Nilakantha Das, and many others
To remember the contributions and sacrifices made by the people of Odisha in those days, Utkal divas is celebrated all over the state. Not only in Odisha, but Utkal divas is celebrated in many cities and towns in India and abroad, where people from Odisha reside.
- Odisha Day is celebrated as a regional public holiday on April 1st in the eastern Indian state of Odisha.
- Fireworks competitions are common as different varieties of firecrackers light up the night sky.
- Different cultural programmes are held across the state.
- Indigenous songs celebrating the spirit of Odisha are sung in events organised by the Government of Odisha.
- An Odia food festival and a cultural extravaganza mark the celebration of Utkal Divas.
We wish this auspicious day of Mahashivratri brings a new glow in your life with the blessings of Lord Shiva, Happy Maha Shivratri